Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Double Square Bridge
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WaffenfabrikHein
posted
Just thought you guys might like to see this, we are very pleased. Pictures below show the latest design of the Hein Custom Double Square Bridge configuration. What do you think?

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Appears to be secure. Is that a proprietary dovetail or based on one that fits something else, like a CZ?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
Appears to be secure. Is that a proprietary dovetail or based on one that fits something else, like a CZ?

Those are Talley Rings for CZ, since they are available we decided not to re-invent the wheel as far as size goes.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,
It looks very good. Nice job.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work Karl!

lawndart
(Johann Karl Noak/Noch)

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lovely. Do you have a different style bolt stop that doesn't interfere with the ring levers?..........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Lovely. Do you have a different style bolt stop that doesn't interfere with the ring levers?..........DJ

Yes, here are some pictures from the other side.

]

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it have a Model 70 style ejector also? And is it set up for a coned breech or mauser style? Also if you don't mind me asking about what are prices and delivery times?..........DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Does it have a Model 70 style ejector also? And is it set up for a coned breech or mauser style? Also if you don't mind me asking about what are prices and delivery times?..........DJ

Our N-Series Actions have a M70 style ejecter and a coned breech.

As for prices and lead times, lets take it offline. You can call me at 509-284-2215 or email me at karl@rifleactions.com.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
DJ- prices are listed on the website.

Are those photos of your action "in the white"? Or is that stainless steel?

If stainless, are you also making them in left-hand?

thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:
DJ- prices are listed on the website.

Are those photos of your action "in the white"? Or is that stainless steel?

If stainless, are you also making them in left-hand?

thanks.

That is a picture of the action in the white, and yes they are available in left hand.

quote:
What do you have on the long actions as an anti binding device ?

Our N-Series actions have the anti-bind/guide lug on the left rail like the pre-64 M70. Also, our actions are machined and hand fit and finished which makes them significantly smoother making binding much less of a problem.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
It certainly looks very impressive and the sort of rifle that one would use hard and long with great satisfaction. I am curious as to the gas handling aspects of your design as compared with original Mod. 70s, H-ring FNs, Classic Mod. 70s and original M-98s. I can't find this info. on your website. Thanks.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaffenfabrikHein:
[That is a picture of the action in the white, and yes they are available in left hand.

Karl, are all of the action sizes and options available left handed?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by WaffenfabrikHein:
[That is a picture of the action in the white, and yes they are available in left hand.

Karl, are all of the action sizes and options available left handed?

Yes, all of our current actions are available in left handed, at no additional charge.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kutenay:
It certainly looks very impressive and the sort of rifle that one would use hard and long with great satisfaction. I am curious as to the gas handling aspects of your design as compared with original Mod. 70s, H-ring FNs, Classic Mod. 70s and original M-98s. I can't find this info. on your website. Thanks.

Our N-Series has the same gas handling as the pre-64 M70, except the bolt ports vent down as opposed to the M70 which vented into the left lug.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,
Looks like very nice work. Greg must have built this one while Dave was out of the shop. Just kiddin Dave. Are they available in stainless?

Posts: 125 | Location: Soda Springs, ID 83276 | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very clean work!
Sure would look nice in a walnut stock.

SDH

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1821 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALF:

The crit against many of the Mauser copies are that they omitted the anti binding rail and track that stops the action from binding when it is pulled back ( a flaw of the CZ in particular )

Alf,

Does the Granite Mountain suffer from this drawback?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice. I would love one of your .223 sized actions. Got to get the house finished first though. I see you like that Zolatone paint.

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smart,Neat job. I also appreciate when someone installs scope rings on a rifle that utilise maximum tube length,with the rings centred on each bridge.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl

Just received a reply to a query I sent to Talley manuafacturing and it seems that a low 30mm scope ring for the CZ action is on the horizon and one that would permit the larger diameter low powered scopes.

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Karl, in the pictures you show a straight bolt handle but if I remember correctly on the web site you show a swept back handle. Is either available for the same price or is the straight handle a custom option?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
Karl, in the pictures you show a straight bolt handle but if I remember correctly on the web site you show a swept back handle. Is either available for the same price or is the straight handle a custom option?

Straight or swept bolt handle on any size action, right or left handed, at no additional charge.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Nice set up.

Any particular reason why you moved the lug notch on the bridge to the opposite side (as compared with the CZ 550 set up, I mean)?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
Nice set up.

Any particular reason why you moved the lug notch on the bridge to the opposite side (as compared with the CZ 550 set up, I mean)?

We did it that way to keep the scope locking levers out of the way of the ejection port, since our bolt stop doesn't interfere on the other side this just seemed to make sense.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice set up.

I would think that the side of the gun the owner wanted the levers on would dictate where the recoil lug went. Talley's machining that part into the ring, not hein.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
quote:
Nice set up.

I would think that the side of the gun the owner wanted the levers on would dictate where the recoil lug went. Talley's machining that part into the ring, not hein.

Actually the rings can go either way. The ones in the picture are Talley rings for CZ, we just flipped them 180 degrees. However, if someone had a preference, we could put the lug on either side.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
The Talley rings would handle heavy recoil better if that lug was on both ring halves.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,
can you tell us what the weight is of your 30/06 length action with and without the bottom metal?
Can a person order an action without bottom metal?
Also what is the magazine box length of the 30/06 action?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The "N" actions are the former Pete Noreen actions, correct? I think I asked this here a while back.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodjack:
Karl,
can you tell us what the weight is of your 30/06 length action with and without the bottom metal?
Can a person order an action without bottom metal?
Also what is the magazine box length of the 30/06 action?

Our Standard N-3 Actions has a magazine box length of 3.4 Inches. As for the weight, I can't give you an exact answer because the are too many variables. How many rounds do you want in the magazine, which bridge configuration, plus we can do many lightening cuts to get the weight down. Remember we machine these from scratch, so they are built to customer specifications and are not all the same. We can discuss the option of selling an action without bottom metal, get in touch with me directly if you would like.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cline:
The "N" actions are the former Pete Noreen actions, correct? I think I asked this here a while back.

Yes, the N-Series is the old Noreen design, we purchased his desing about 4 years ago. We have added several different sizes and bridge configurations but the basic design was his.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just curious how long it takes to make one of these actions, starting from a piece of bar stock or round stock, and just out of curiousity, how many different tools it takes to make one.