Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10-22 Conversion to 17HM2
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone attempted this conversion? Besides the obvious barrel swap, has anyone messed w/ the bolt. I saw that Volquartsen sells a heavy bolt handle and spring that is supposed to help the cycling. Then I also saw that it sells a bolt specifically for the conversion, saying it is heavier duty because of the hotter round. Anyone provide any experiences?

Posts: 2 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: 22 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no good conversion. near as i can see noone has gotten it to work quite right. best off to use either the volquarsten or magnum research. also avoid the cci made ammo. the ely/remmy works fine. the other have tendency to blowout the rims

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of our AR members manufactured a switch caliber receiver. It had 2 sets of pin holes for the trigger group. You moved the group back for the 22 mag type cartridge[17HMR]. He also offered a tungstun bolt.It was heavier for the magnums.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butchloc..... let's get together some time and shoot. I live near Rochester.
By the way, I got into a hell of an argument with an old cowboy that ran the rimfire line out at CCI in Idaho. He swore up and down that CCI/Hornady manfactures every single .17 HMR and .17 Mach 2 cartridge made in the world today........And all on the same line....his! And when I got a little belligerent with him, claiming the Hornady .17 HMR shot lots better groups than the CCI, he invited me out to Lewiston for some good old fashioned ass kickin' and proof that his plant made ALL the .17 ammunition.
I declined the ass kickin', but promised to bring out the Anshutz sometime, and shoot with him. He said he'd supply the ammo...... Grant.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an Eabco conversion. It works well for me with Hornady but with anything else I get blow outs.

Greg

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote