Find
Notify
Tools

M70 3pos safety
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
How difficult /expensive would it be to fit a M70 style safety to the current CZ550 rifles?

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will, you're crazy. There is nothing better than the Modle 70 safety and you know it!

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I think Wisners made them for a while. He would only ship them a gunsmith though. I had thought about a CZ a few years back, but if I remember correctly. By the time you bought the safety and paid a smith to install it, it came to about $400. I kinda thought it was cost prohibitive.

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with Ed at AHR, they do the M70 on CZ's on a routine basis - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, (Will, you weren't much help ). I dropped Gentry a note. I am thinking of getting a stable mate for my M70 in .404, either a .375 or 9.3.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
You are wasting time, money, and function doing so.

Posts: 19364 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Quote:

How difficult /expensive would it be to fit a M70 style safety to the current CZ550 rifles?

Fred,

The Wisner is a very nice unit, but I don't know if he will make any more. Cost was $210 plus $75 for installation by my gunsmith.

I could have lived with the factory safety, but the factory bolt shroud just looks out of place on a nice rifle in my opinion.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote