New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning SA-22 Help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Browning SA-22 (the take-down .22 that bottom ejects and w/ the magazine in the but stock) that is not ejecting the last round. It functions and feeds fine until the last round is fired at which point it pulls the spent cartridge out of the chamber but the blot is closing on it before it can fall free.
Any ideas on what could cause this? The gun does not have an ejector per say, only the extractor.
The gun is clean so that's not it. and with it ejecting all the other rounds but the last has me at a brick wall as to what to do next.
Thanks for any and all help!

Posts: 39 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 28 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The gun may be clean but is it oiled? I don't currently have one to look at, but, where the problem only occurs after firing the last round, I would check to see if the magazine tube follower were somehow fouling the action of the bolt creating a "short stroke".

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. The gun is oiled using a high quality gun oil, with a little between all moving parts and on all hing points.

Posts: 39 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 28 December 2009Reply With Quote