Find
Notify
Tools

steel follower question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
How big of a deal is it to mill a steel follower for a CZ550? I have 2 that have the plastic ones and CZ USA says they may not get anymore of the steel ones. Thanks!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What exactly is wrong with a plastic magazine follower?

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I am just finicky...don't like plastic parts on my rifles. They work just as well as steel as far as I can tell.

Good hunting,

Andy

Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
surely one of you metalsmith gurus knows the answer to this!? bewildered

Good hunting,

Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
How big of a deal is it to mill a steel follower for a CZ550? I have 2 that have the plastic ones and CZ USA says they may not get anymore of the steel ones. Thanks!

AC,
Which cartridge? I've fiddled w/ a few CZ Safari Mags that had feeding issues as a result of the factory CZ steel followers needing a bit of shaping and polishing. I've fixed all of the factory followers, but in the process had discovered that a mauser and a M70 follower will drop in and work. I have one factory M70 post-64 Supergrade follower/spring that so far will drop in every CZ I've tried and feed slick.

Gary

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Gary,

Way cool..thanks!

Good hunting,

Andy