Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil Pad Suggestions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted
I have a pre-64 Super Grade stock that had a 50s vintage pad on it that was dried out. So I removed it and want to replace it and looking for some ideas on a good quality pad. Here's what I don't like, black pad, ventilated pads nor the Winchester reproduction pads. I was leaning towards a Silvers or maybe one in brown. Whatever pad I go with I want to include a black spacer too. Any ideas on some good quality pads that would be fitting for an early 50s model 70 Super Grade?

Posts: 894 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pachmayr offers a full line of decent recoil pads that would be just fine on your M70. look here: http://www.brownells.com search this site for the black spacers while you're at it.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have always liked the Pachmayr(Sp) Old English Decelerator pads. They are classy and have rounded edges rather than square. You do have to buy the one closest to the dimensions of the buttstock to retain the rounded edges.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good suggestion MasterRifleman.

The Decelerators are super soft and squishy, have no ventilation and if you get the Old English variety, it will look like leather.

It is the perfect pad for you.

http://www.cliffsgunsmithing.com/Catalog_Pach_Pads_D752B.htm

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Red - Old English they come in Med. size.

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Decelerators work wonders, I have them on just about all my guns and they come in different sizes and colors. On a real kicker I would like to try one of the Simms pads, but they only come in black from what I can find.

Woody

Posts: 51 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 05 November 2003Reply With Quote