Find
Notify
Tools

458Win from M98 30/06 Magazine?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted
Would love to buy a Custom bottom metal for 458 from the US but with the poor Aus$ I might try another option which is use the original FN 30/06 Magazine.
Can this be made the feed the 458Win properly?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Yes, my .458 WINMAG is on a Zastava that was originally in 7 M/M REM MAG. The walls of the magazine box have been thinned out from top to bottom to match the widening of the rails. I can't tell you how to do it, just that it is a practical alteration on a 98 or clone.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Would love to buy a Custom bottom metal for 458 from the US but with the poor Aus$ I might try another option which is use the original FN 30/06 Magazine.
Can this be made the feed the 458Win properly?

Yes!! thumb

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote