New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lone wolf rifle stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used the Lone Wolf Summit XL stock? What are your impressions and what does one cost. I am looking for a light weight stock for my Rem 700. The compsite stock I have now has a crack in the reciever area.

Thanks,
WWhunter

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll have one in a few days, but I won't be able to get any use from it for quite some time. So far, LW has been great folks to work with.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DPhillips,

What model did you order and how much was it

Thanks,
WWhunter

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WW,
I apologize, I did not order the XL, just the Summit. As badly as I wanted to try the 12 ounce stock, I pulled back and went with the 20 ounce Summit. I sent the rifle to LW to let them bed the stock. I've done a few, but botched a lightweight synthetic stock when I sanded through the glass on final fitting a while back. Has made me gunshy of bedding the really lightweight stocks since then, so I'm letting LW do it.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No apology needed. I guess I am really mostly wondering what they cost. And if they are worth the expense or if I should go with a Brown Precision or High Tech stock. I think from what I have researched the Lone Wolf is the lightest.

Thanks again,
WWhunter