THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love to see UPS coming down the driveway!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
UPS just dropped off my Enfield action that I had rebarreled in 300 H&H, and I am as happy as a kid in a candy store.

I know the H&H case taper lends to smooth feeding, but I was a little surprised at how little work was done on the rails. The action is a P14, so its laid out for rimmed .303 cartridges and I expected the underside of the rails to be reshaped along their full length. However, very little metal was removed and it looks like more work was done on the follower than the rails.

I didn't have any loaded ammo but did have some empty brass, so curiousity let me to fill the magazine up and give it a trial run- it all fed and ejected clean as a whistle!

I really don't have anything worthwhile to post, but my wife and four daughters (no sons) couldn't care less, and I just had to tell someone!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Belaw,
I couldn't be happier for you and your new gun.. I'll be a surrogate son.. you can just send it to me, along with the brass and dies, and I'll be sure to tell you how cool it is..... LOL

Man, I am glad for ya... hope you get here stocked up soon and firing.

and, as a father with 2 nearly grown sons (youngest grads from HS in 10 days), they will only pick off your best gear..

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too - love it when a plan comes together!

BTW - can I borrow the car?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The only thing better than the delivery truck turning up ,is when it turns up while the minister of catering and entertainment (wife)is away. Saves a lot of explaining that yes, it is another barrel ,and that no it didnt cost much. The worst part of when the van turns up and the wife gets there first and sees the price of the goods on the invoice.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Those guys piss me off when Im doing deliveries and they butt in front of me, (Im a driver as well) but they sure are good to see outside my house. Why just the other day a Fed-ex guy brought me a nice new scope to top of my nearly finished project.

A 300 H&H on an enfield sounds like a sweetheart, one for the many 300 winny shooters in hunting camp to oogle at..

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gets some pics posted it you can, would love to see it.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who did the work on your enfield?

I have a enfield rem m 30 and a rem 720 that are my next projects.

That UPS truck is like christmas... Im waiting for the brown truck to come by with a leupold scope vx1 2x7, some redding 308 dies, 270 140 gr noslers. 6.5 140 noslers , 30 cal nosler accubonds 165gr, burris signature rings 2 sets. sh*t I forgot to order a pacmire pad

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

A 300 H&H on an enfield sounds like a sweetheart, one for the many 300 winny shooters in hunting camp to oogle at..

While I'm excited about this project and looking forward to the 'final product,' it will not be appreciated at my camp ... the philistines I hunt with consider the Browning A-Bolt to be the absolute pinnacle of rifle development (and yes, it seems the majority of them are 300 winnie's--
I'm sure they won't understand my cartridge selection at all, either.)

I'd post pictures, at least to show how the action was recontoured, but I don't have a clue how to do that. The gunsmith did a wonderful job, but I still have to decide what to do with that little stubby excuse for a rear tang.