Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt for Mauser 98 needed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I posted this in the "classifieds" but I figured the people most likely to have one would be here.

I find myself in need of a bolt for a 98 Mauser. I had several but didnt think I would need them so I gave them away over the last year.

I now have a nice little Mauser sporter that didnt come with the bolt. Since I am re-barreling the rifle headspace will be fixed when the barrel is installed.

I would really like to find a bolt that already has the safety and bolt handle done. Please let me know if anyone has one they would like to part with.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've bought and sold several on Ebay. Sorry I don't have an extra right now.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I bought one from this guy once BOBS GUN SHOP . He does bolt handles,but if you don't have a bolt to put the handle on, he'll supply that too for an extra $20. He does nice work.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one that has only had a dozen rounds fired in front of it. I guess it is a late war production bolt because it has no guide rib. When I purchased these bolts they were still full of cosmoline and had not been finish polished, never used is my guess. I have a similar bolt in a 98 sporter and it works fine. PM me if you want a picture. I'd swap ya for a can of JB bore paste.

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently bought a Mauser bolt from this fellow. Prompt service and I got what I paid for:

http://www.gunboards.com/sites/reichoutfitters/index.html

Clemson

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
M1-Tanker, pm and e-mail sent.

Posts: 627 | Location: Niceville, Florida | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sarco has them listed in the latest Shotgun News. Also has hinged bottom metal.

I THINK they wanted $25.00 for the bolts.

Best regards,

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote