Find
Notify
Tools

Joel Dorléac's really wonderful work
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted

Ok, I edited it. Should be able to see it and I edited my spelling so as not to offend the Francophones.

I hope you folks know that we don't have that accent mark on our keyboards. English doesn't have any accent marks.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The name is Dorléac, but I cannot see your photograph Smiler

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
http://www.dorleac-dorleac.com/pgs_eng/nos_productions.php
jumping killpc darn slow pc

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I have more photos, send me a pm if you want to post them with your email and I will send them to you.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seth, you really are fascinated by those Heeren based guns! I can follow you in that, although my personal guns lean more towards the common and practical side. But when you see a gun like this, it is just like being put back in time. It makes me think of an era in which every gentleman should have a custom gun built - and where bolt actions were considered somewhat vulgar Wink

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Mike I don't know how I could not be. I am a sucker for "Gerry's guns" anyway.

Am trying to figure out how to make a #3 Ruger look like one of these Heerens. Figure it would be worth it to build 3; 9.3x74R, 10.3x60R, and 7x65R all in stutzen like this Heeren and findsomeone that has some engraving skill to put ibex, chamois, and wildboar on the three of them.

Must have that recessive "Gerry's Buchs Jagt Passion" Gene. I really like German, Austrian, and in this case Swiss guns.

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
I've got a sharp fillet knife. Big Grin

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1861 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Scales aren't for everyone but I like them. I will admit that I don't really care for the fore-stock on the 2nd rifle, but it's not one of Joels guns either!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell me about the trigger! Is that a 'set-trigger' set up?

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D99, this rifle was engraved by Michel Courant, who spent 10 years in the US, after engraving for the FN.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pegleg:
Tell me about the trigger! Is that a 'set-trigger' set up?

As far as I know, the trigger setup on the Heeren action is rather special. I believe pressing the rear leaver forward not only sets the trigger, but also either completely or partially cocks the main spring. Unset, I believe the gun can't be fired.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Very nice, and diffrent, thats a very nice looking stick on it also!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amazing that this action remains moderately popular in Europe, extraction is weak, tricky inletting for buttstock. Could have been modified to use a through stock bolt decades ago. May make traditionalists happy, a little like the inefficient Sharps sidehammer in the US.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is an improved Heeren made in France by Alain Vaussenat who also builds some very nice MAuser actioned bolt action rifles. Vaussenat addressed the specific problems with the Heerens and some of his rifles are in the US with private collectors and hunters.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Joel sent me some more photos, if anyone wants to upload them let me know and I will email the photos.