New
Find
Notify
Tools

BSA ???
 Login/Join

<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
An relative is looking into buying a BSA target rifle. I don't know the model, nor have I seen the rifle. What actions did they use? I seem to recall they used/made a mauser action, didn't they?

Thanks,

CAL

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
It was either the Royal or Majestic model that was essentially a Mauser-type with integral square bridge receiver. The best versions have claw extractors and steel trigger guards and floorplates (not all do). Most I've seen have vented muzzle brakes. They're nice rifles.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<reloaderman>
posted
The only BSA rifles I've seen were single shots on a Martini(?) action! One was a 357 mag. and the other a 30-30.Nice custom work

------------------
No matter where you go.........there you are!

<eldeguello>
posted
The BSA-Martini International .22 target rifles I have seen were some of the nicest small-bore precision target rifles in the world, at one time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine has a BSA .30-06. It is a great looking little rifle (on the lightweight side), with some king of "porting" grooves around the front sight. The bolt is of the CRF kind, but it can push-feed a round without much effort. He push feeds and extra round in the chamber when hunting, and as far as I know has never had any failures with it.

I had no idea BSA produced target rifles.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote