Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Commercial Mauser Value?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
Somewhere around $400. If it has a claw mount base dovetailed into the ring or the receiver is drilled, less. I know the whereabouts (Houston) of a fairly scarce 1935 Oberndorf made Brazilian military rifle that could be used for the foundation of a fine custom, with Mauser banner and Oberndorf markings, $700, if interested I'll put you in contact.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
lb404, I don't think you're going to get the action for $500. I think it's going to be $750 minimum. That might be an alright price. I'm seeing '35 Chileans and Brazilians for $500+. What happened to the $300 Chileans??

I'd like to take FLA3006's barrel offer (depending upon the price) but would step aside if you want to consider taking that barrel (if it's not too light) and re-boring it to 9.3X63. Scrollcutter could take care of the markings and you could screw it onto this Obendorf action. Spring for a nice custom stock and you'd be set.

The action stacks and feeds 3.4" 30-06 cartridges just perfectly, so I think you wouldn't have to do much at all to run 9.3X63's through it (get an expert opinion though).

Customstox, I'm not certain how I got in line ahead of you for the barrel but I appreciate the courtesy. I would take the barrel and rebore it for a 338-06 I have in my future. However, I'd really be interested in seeing if lb404 could pair it with this action to build an "all-Oberndorf" 9.3X62.

Now, lb404 you've got at least three "helpers" here that are going to pass muster on your 9.3 project. You can use the Oberndorf action only if you don't tap the front ring. You have to use the Oberndorf barrel and let Scrollcutter change out the cartridge markings. You have to let Chic stock it. Everyone in agreement?

First things first though, I'll find out if the action owner is willing to come off of his $1000 asking price. FLA, will you tell us the price for the barrel, then we'll see who's really interested?

Here's a good write-up on the 9.3 BTW

9.3X63

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, I've tried calling the guy who has/had the barrel. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something. Price was $300, bad part is it was taken off with a pipe wrench, don't know how bad it is marred.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"bad part is it was taken off with a pipe wrench"

Ouch!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote