Find
Notify
Tools

loose barrel on model 12 20 ga...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted
i picked up a decent cut-down stocked 20 ga m12 ther other day.... the kind i wanted when i was a kid...other than the shortened stock and a polychoke, its in good shape...the take-down was a little loose and i adjusted the interrupted bushing another notch to tighten that... but the barrel is still loose... just a wiggle bit....not side to side, but twist....the barrel band is tight... am i missing something????..s/n denotes a 1937 model... its not shot out and i'll restock with a stock ive got stashed away....where's the model 12 experts????

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pardon me for stating the obvious. Adjust it some more. Keep going until it's tight.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 545 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe it isn't so obvious, there are about 5 or 6 different bushings that have the locking cuts in a different place around the out side of the bushing. They are marked with a number on the wide side of the bushing that you can't see until you remove the bushing completely off the barrel. Most barrel will have a 0 or 1. By going to one number higher, you have more adjustment to tighten the barrel. Grinding more grooves in the bushing won't do it, you have to replace the bushing. Find a gunsmith that has the proper bushing and you will be back in business. Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote