New
Find
Notify
Tools

C-D Gun-Shop - Wiesbaden?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up a 30-06 built on a commercial FN barreled action at a pawn shop 5 or 6 years ago. The rifle is as new with a very glossy maple-looking stock with rollover cheekpiece, basketweave checkering and the rest ala Weatherby. Rather gawdy to say the least. However all of the work is beautifully done with what looks like NECG hooded front and two leaf rear sights, proper polishing, jeweled bolt and follower, adjustable military Mauser-like trigger (very simple) with the side safety and a hinged floorplate. I bought it for a song, replaced the stock (from Mr. Humbarger IIRC) and had Cliff LaBounty rebore it to 9.3x62 and then took it to Africa. One of my favorites to say the least. Does anyone know anything about the gunsmith/shop that did the work? It is nicely engraved on the barrel as written in the title above.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
replaced the stock (from Mr. Humbarger IIRC)

Who is this? bewildered

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
BTT please.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to be EdM and lived in Houston and yes, it came from you as I remember Louisiana. It fit beautifully by the way.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Boxhead i was really confused nut

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe the C-D Gun Shop is still in Wiesbaden. I stopped there in 2003, just before I went to Iraq. Our reserve unit is headquartered in Wiesbaden, and if I make it back there this summer, I can stop in and see if the shop is still there.

IM me so we can swap e-mails.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
120mm,

Interesting because I was told by the owner of the pawn shop (such proprieters I rarely believe) that the rifle was pawned to him from someone that was stationed there and brought it back. It would be great to find out more.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the usual pawn-shop b.s.. I love it when I hear them tell their lies, especially when I know the gun's true history or what they are saying is so obviously made up b.s..

I once sold a Herter's U9 in .300 Weatherby Magnum. I found it, years later, being sold by a pawn shop owner as a Weatherby Rifle in .300 Win Mag. (It obviously said .300 Weatherby Magnum on the barrel).

Oh, well. I may have the occasion to go there in August of this year. I'll check out for the gun shop. Do you have an e-picture that I can see? Feel free to IM me.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote