New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have tried to find info on my grandfathers' single barrel shotgun to no avail. I realise this may not be the proper forum, but the wisest AR members seem to use this forum more than others. The only marking on the single barrel is CHOKE BORED and it is not damascus.A 12 gauge 3 inch shell will chamber, but I would never use one. The receiver is marked THO. H. PRICE in script and that appears to be engraved. My grandfather died in 1949. If any of you have any info, or can direct me to a source I would be appreciative.

Posts: 1077 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Remove the barrel and fore-end and check for proof marks or a maker's name on the inside of the action or on the underside of the barrel.

It is possible that "Tho H Price" refers to a prior owner of the gun rather than the maker.

Post photos of the gun with close-ups of any stamps, marks, or engraving.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Yep Proof marks are going to be key to finding out where this one came from.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More than likely a Belgian made "hardware store" gun.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote