THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to adjust a old style Savage trigger ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've got one of the Savage 200's and I cought a blurb from someone who said " there was a silvercolored screw under the action that you can back off a clic or two to make an adjustment" Is this true ? What can I do to make it a better trigger and no I'm not spending more money on an ac cura trigger. I've had terrible luck with these rifles. I bought two in .243 and they both dshoot patterns not groups. I sent one to the factory about 3 weeks ago to see if they can figure it out. You fellows have any suggestions ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Timmy

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard Luck:

You have 4 options at this time.

Rifle Basix Sav-2 $149.00
Timney 485.00
SharpShoters supply $89.00

Or just the piece of crap that came on the gun down to 3 1/2 pounds. Anything lower is dangerous.
Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
<xs headspace>
posted
There should be a screw on the side of the trigger, with the end of the spring wire in it. This can be backed out one click at a time to lighten the pull somewhat. Be sure to test it by rapping the butt on the floor with the (EMPTY) rifle cocked. If the sear releases, crank the screw back until it doesn't. Polishing of the sear contact surfaces can also be done with a strip of 1500 grit auto polish paper on a nailfile, but if you round off the corners, yer screwed!

One of Us
posted Hide Post