New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes these rings and bases?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
These are installed on a Dakota 76 I recently purchased. The bases are two piece and each base has a step built on the front of the base to prevent the rings from sliding forward. The rings have two allen head screws on each side to clamp the rings together. Two on top, two on the bottom, on opposite sides.
On the opposite side on the bottom of the ring is a larger allen head screw that clamps the ring onto the base. No markings are on the bases or rings indicating Talley, Warne, etc.
I would like to find out who made these so I can contact them to replace the allen head screws with the Tork head screws.
Thanks for your help.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Picture would help, so would the measurement of the flats on the base.
They vaguely sound like talley or Warnes, but more like Talley.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd guess they are talley, especially mounted on a dakota, since that is one of their options

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Weird. No markings or numbering of any kind on the rings or bases. But they do look like Talleys compared to the ones on there web site.
Are they still selling these with allen head screw heads?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably James Wisener's if they are 7/8 across the flat.

Blake

Posts: 132 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 22 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a crude photo:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c148/snowwolfe/ring2.jpg

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Talley Rings )I'm pretty sure(

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also think they are Talley Rings (hard to tell 100% from the photo). Dakota Talley Rings have a different deminsion (I think the basal slot is smaller) than "standard" Talley Rings......that way, you have to buy them from Dakota and pay a premium. I would think that the screws would be interchangeable with standard Talley screws. If it was me, I would call Talley and talk to them.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I vote Talley too....but agree they're not the "off the shelf" model.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know why I ever even bothered to buy any other base+rings than Sako Optilocks. I have quite nice scratches on my Swarovski, so I learned my lesson. These are the only way to aling the scope so that it doesn't bend or get scratched.

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MHC_TX:
I also think they are Talley Rings (hard to tell 100% from the photo). Dakota Talley Rings have a different deminsion (I think the basal slot is smaller) than "standard" Talley Rings......that way, you have to buy them from Dakota and pay a premium. I would think that the screws would be interchangeable with standard Talley screws. If it was me, I would call Talley and talk to them.

Correct on all counts...and Dave Talley will replace the screws for you. He is one hell of a guy and stands behind his product 110%. Most of the time when you call Dave will be the guy answering the phone.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tt:
I don't know why I ever even bothered to buy any other base+rings than Sako Optilocks. I have quite nice scratches on my Swarovski, so I learned my lesson. These are the only way to aling the scope so that it doesn't bend or get scratched.

Not sure if they're available for your application, but Burris Signature rings will also fulfill the "no bend, no scratch" requirement.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought Dave Talley sold the business and they moved it to South Carolina. That was my understanding when I bought several pair from them about 18 months or so ago.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley asked for photos and I sent them and they told me they would mail out the newer torx screws to me for no charge.
I also asked for the QD levers and told them I would be happy to pay for them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JLarsson:
Not sure if they're available for your application, but Burris Signature rings will also fulfill the "no bend, no scratch" requirement.

I think that Sako and burris has connection throught Beretta. I don't know which was first, OptiLocks or Burris rings, but Burris' product looks like cheap OptiLock. This concept has it's benefit: if you want to have for example 20 or 30 MOA angle for your scope, just add thin sheet of metal between base and rign.