Find
Notify
Tools

Inserts for using a 1" scope in 30 mm rings
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I am having some inserts made so that I can use a 1.0-inch scope in a set of 30-millimeter scope rings. If others are interested, let me know.

The inserts will be precision machined from black delron, which is a high strength plastic, so they should not mark the scope or rings. The approximate cost, if there is enough interest is $10.00 per set.

Dave

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
okay,, i'll bite... new rings are generally 20-25 bucks, so tell me why?

not being mean, just asking
jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please let me know too, as that was my first thought when I saw the heading. I could see if they were really expensive rings. But maybe you can just sell them off to somebody here and buy the new set in the right size.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I happen to have a specialized set of rings for a European rifle on which I want to use an American scope. Claw mount rings are about $300 per set because they are hand fitted to the bases. A set of $10.00 inserts is a lot cheaper, and I have a lot more scope options, including using a scope with a lot more eye relief.

Dave

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that makes total sense. I figured it had to be something like that. Good idea on going with the delrin and making in non-marring like that. Sucks to have an expensive scope with marks on it from the mounts.

I wonder if you could find some interest in them from the makers of 30mm rings?

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote