New
Find
Notify
Tools

Echols Legend Stock Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here are a couple questions for anyone who has an Echols Legend stock (or even for Mr. Echols himself!):

Does it have cast off?

Does it work well with a standard depth magazine box, or is it designed for an extra deep "drop" box?

Will I burn in hell if I have a confederate flag and hot rod flames painted on it?

I hate to bother gunsmiths with phone calls that take them away from the work that feeds their families.

Thanks all,

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it has cast off, I can't remember the numbers but more at heel than toe. (top of stock at the buttpad end versus bottom, in case I am getting the terms mixed up right now).

I believe his use standard depth magazines, he gets the higher capacity in the magnums through superior redesign of the magazine when he makes it rather than dropping it.

yes, you will most likely burn in hell for putting a confederate flag on a fine shooting rifle.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart, I think Dago is right, but I think you'd only burn if you got the flames overlapping the flag.......
Maybe you could just go with a nice F-15 with a vapor trail on there.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
D'Arcy's stock is no deeper through the magazine area than a normal stock. It does have a bit of cast-off.

If you buy a stock from him, it'll just be a blank. You'll have to have it fitted to your barreled-action, pillar-bedded, and have the sling studs and recoil pad installed, plus have it painted. It's probably best to have McMillan do this work for you. Get the blank from Echols, then send your metal and this stock blank to McMillan.

You'll never see this stock in McMillan's catalog -- you can only get it directly from D'Arcy Echols.

E-mail him: legend@bridgernet.com

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Allen,

That will work just fine. The easiest thing would be to just send an action and a check to D'Arcy Echols, but doing this project one step at a time with various craftsmen (and me doing those few jobs that I can) will satisfy my curiosity more.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote