New
Find
Notify
Tools

HS Precision "Pro-Hunter Rifle???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was going to order one of these rifles and had a couple of questions. I am a right handed shooter, but due to an eye problem in my right eye I am often forced to shoot left handed and was wondering if the stock on this rifle can be used ambidextrously (comfortably)? I believe there is a cheek piece on this straight combed stock and with the possibility of my eye condition healing with time, I wanted to order a right handed rifle. I currently shoot a Weatherby and the stock is cut too distinctly for a right handed shooter to be comfortable when shooting left handed. Also, regarding length of pull, what is the best way to determine what is most comfortable for you? My Weatherby is comfortable at 13 5/8" and so is the Browning at 13 3/4". I have a choice of 13 3/4" or 13 1/2" with the HS Precision stock. And lastly, is this rifle worth the money? Thanks.

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your correct I got the names mixed up. The sporter has the no cheekpeice stock, I don't know whether the lightweight pro-hunter does or not. Here's the link:

http://www.hsprecision.com/new_rifles.htm

My buddies 270WSM Pro-Hunter didn't have any feeding problems at all, but I do agree that their magazines are anywhere near as smooth as the Sako's. A 270WSM Finnlite might be an excellent lower cost alternative. My 300WSM Finnlite shoots very well indeed.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're correct I got the names mixed up. The sporter has the no cheekpeice stock, I don't know whether the lightweight pro-hunter does or not. Here's the link:

http://www.hsprecision.com/new_rifles.htm

My buddies 270WSM Pro-Hunter didn't have any feeding problems at all, but I do agree that their magazines are anywhere near as smooth as the Sako's. A 270WSM Finnlite might be an excellent lower cost alternative. My 300WSM Finnlite shoots very well indeed.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote