Find
Notify
Tools

M2002 PH (Professional Hunter) by MRC
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Presume you are referring to the rings for the narrower dovetail tops on the 22 LR. I only sliced up enough pieces of Chrome-Moly from a big round bar to make 6 pairs and these were mostly to test for the guesswork involved in how much extension was going to be necessary for the various scopes owners might want to hang on that action. Both rings have the rings extended beyond the clamp base by same ammount to provide some variety due to the various locations of the adjustment turret. The span is about same as the old 1 piece Redfield Jr or 4". I'm hoping to have the first pair digital Photoed and run up the flagpole on this site, I don't even have a barrel in the action (s) yet There is a #1 & #6 in the mix. Probably have to test them out on my hornet because it is complete and even has a stock. The shoemakers kids run barefoot and himself wears what didn't get retrieved after fixin. I don't really want to let these out of here until I'm certain they have utility as well as looks so it will be after the new year get's under way. Meantime doesn't Lynx still make rings for these down under? ( They are what started this possible boondoggle as I have a set here that couldn't place the scope where I wanted it because of the turret)

Posts: 199 | Location: Kalispell MT. | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote