Find
Notify
Tools

McMillan Stock Art Work
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kory
posted
I have a McMillan Hunter Class B/R stock that I would like to have painted with tiger stripes and a shot of clear coat. Is there anyone on the list that does that kind of work or could suggest someone that could do this for me?

Regards,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Find a local talented auto painter and see what he'd charge.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:
Find a local talented auto painter and see what he'd charge.

Thanks, dempsey. Rumor has it the talented local guy is really hard to work with, but I'll keep looking.

Kory

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
If you're not in a hurry I may be able to reccomend somebody. My cousin is moving to Bozeman from Arakansas soon and is very talented. I bet there is more than one in Billings. I'll ask around in Helena, lots of Hot Rod pals, somebody should have a reccomendation.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
dempsey, no, I'm not in a big hurry as I can shoot the rifle as is (it came from MCM with a simple black coat). I just wanted to make it a little nicer to look at because this is my first synthetic stock rifle.

I'll check out local hot rod place too (if there is any). I suspect since Billings is bigger than Helena, there must be. No?

Thanks,
Kory

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Billings is quite a bit larger than Helena, maybe check out a car show and ask around.

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
Look for someone who paints motorcycle helmets..

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or hockey helmets (goalie).
I'll bet there is a lot of them that are a little
tight right now !
Charlie

Posts: 165 | Location: unit 10 Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind by "tigerstripes", but RickBin over on the 24 hour campfire site seems to do an excellent job of painting stocks, judging from the photo's I've seen posted over there. If I recall, it'll cost you about $100.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Super Bon Bon

Posts: 250 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote