New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newer Remington 700 triggers?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The X Mark Pro trigger, can they be smoothed out and adjusted to a clean 3# pull?

I really don't want to drop the $100+ for an after
market.

Posts: 1690 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Purchase & install a Trigger Tech.

The MIM'd X Mark/Pro are JUNK.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 429 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto tu2 There are two types of X Mark Pro. One has a secondary adjustment screw in the trigger shoe and the other doesn't. If you have the one with the screw, back it out of engagement with the sear but leave it in. All it does is add pull weight. It is useful if the gun is a loaner and you don't want to risk an AD with the user. You can screw it in to give a heavier pull weight. The factory specs have the WOP screw set at 3.5 lbs for these and the secondary screw adjusted to give a final weight of between 4 - 5 lbs. The non-adjustable triggers are set to between 4 and 5 lbs (allegedly). In any event you can play with the lower front adjustment screw (WOP) and maybe get it to 3 lbs. If factory it will be sealed with cyanoacrylate glue. If it is a re-call trigger it will have a colored sealant. If I did it it will be red. They are generally crap but you can get a decent one now and then.

Here is a link to one fellow's solution:

http://erniethegunsmith.com/catalog/i173.html

quote:
Originally posted by Dans40XC:
Purchase & install a Trigger Tech.

The MIM'd X Mark/Pro
are JUNK.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good success with setting up the X-Mark trigger (without adjustment screw in the shoe) but the X-Mark Pro, with screw in shoe, is junk and should be replaced.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote