Find
Notify
Tools

re-barrel a remington 700
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted
My brother has a barreled action-Remington 700 BDL LH in .300 Win Mag. He has a new barrel same cal. that he needs to get installed. Anybody know a competent gunsmith in our area (central Fla.) or vicinity ?

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I wont ask WHY.. soo

He needs to find a gunsmith to install the barrel.

Does he want the action squared?

if it's 300 win, and he does NOT want it blued, it should be $75 or so, and a quick job, if not quick turnaround

if he wants it blued, double that.

this is for BASIC work, and all the tuning extras are that, extra$$

jeffe

Posts: 39615 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Eric you have mail.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post
He had the existing barrel magna-ported years ago. He got a new barrel from the Gun Parts co. and wants to switch. Yes we need a gunsmith but the problem is we don't have anyone here in town. Sorry Bear Claw I didn't get your e-mail.

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Sorry I meant to check your PM here on the forum.
I emailed you anyway.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eric,
Where are you located in central Fla? There is a very competent gunsmith located in Lakeland. He just finished rebarrelling a 338 for me and did an excellent job. Contact me and I can get his number for you. He also has a lot of experience with large caliber converions.
Ralph

Posts: 284 | Location: Plant City, Fl,USA | Registered: 12 April 2001Reply With Quote