New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage feeding problem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A buddy of mine brought his new Savage Accu-trigger over to show me a feeding problem. The round would start to feed properly and then just before ramping up it would pop up and out of the mag. well. Any ideas as to the problem? Thanks Cowman

Posts: 37 | Location: IA | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All my savages have feeding trouble that is why they are all varmit rifles. I wouldn't use one as a big game rifle. I own 4 of them. They shoot great groups but then I don't have to worry if one miss feeds on a pdog or yote.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
p dog shooter, The only savage I own is a 210 slug gun and it doesn't feed very reliably either, but I've put up with it because it shoots so good and its never taken more than one slug to put down a deer. This rifle has 100 rounds through it and I don't believe he had feeding problems with it until now. I'd tell him to sell it but it will shoot sub 1/2 groups with my handloads. This is after he took my advice to put a Leupold on it( he went through two Tascos first)(grin). Cowman

Posts: 37 | Location: IA | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would give Fred at Sharp Shooters Supply a call and see if he has any suggestions. They've been really helpful whenever I've had any questions.
SSS ph.#419-695-3179

Posts: 57 | Location: Tracy, CA | Registered: 26 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
bend the mag lips in, about .005 at a time...

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To much spring tention, spring gets streched when you take them apart. I bet if you call Savage thats the first thing they tell you.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
bend the mag lips in, about .005 at a time...

jeffe

This is the answer. Easy fix. [Wink]
Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote