Notify
Tools

.22-250 Headspace dimensions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of milanuk
posted
Hello,

Anyone know where I can find the 'normal' headspace dimensions for a .22-250 Remington? I want to check some fired cases and see how much I have vs. what I should have. A plus/minus value would be nice, if possible.

Thanks,

Monte

Posts: 341 | Location: Wenatchee, WA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Monte,
I have a "go" gauge and it has 1.574" on it. That is of course for the chamber dimension to the midpoint datum line of the shoulder. If you want to invest the money in it, the simplest tool is one of L.E. Wilson gauges that you drop the cartridge into. The base of the cartridge is within specs if it is below the upper limit and above the lower on the gauge. One shot probably has one you can check your case with.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of milanuk
posted Hide Post
Chic,

Thanks for the reply, please see my other thread 'Need Advice' for the gory details of this scene in the ongoing saga... Man, I hope Ruger is ready for this one!

Monte

Posts: 341 | Location: Wenatchee, WA | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Monte, I just read that one. Scott must have measured that? It does sound like you have some problems also in measuring but I do not know why. I have not used a stoney pt tool but I would start looking there. The wilson Gauge is pretty fool proof, but then we keep building better fools all the time, me being one if them.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote