New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small World-OT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of my oldest friends and his buddies stopped by last night on the way back from Daytona BeachFlorida and MotorCycle Speedweeks. Can you imagine a group of guys with the youngest 68yrs old riding from Oregon and Calif. to Florida and back on scooters especially this time of year?
One of the guys was admiring a couple of my rifles and said his daughter worked on rifles. I said OH YEA, who is she. He said Kathy Forster. Said she knew a little about checkering. I said" Yes she does".
Small world.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great story!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dang Butch, with the weather we are having right now, I sure wouldn't want to be on a motorcycle. I hope they were able to ride into some better weather real soon.

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Great story.
I can say with great certainty, that there is NO way I'd be riding my bike in this kind of weather, even to the grocery store. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three or four years ago they stopped by on the way to Daytona Beach. They left my house early the next day in 5deg. weather and icy roads. These old fools are financially very able, so I really question why they didn't fly and rent a bike. I wouldn't miss their visit ea. year for nothing though.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote