Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Serengeti Zephyr
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted
On the other hand, a man who can tell the whole world to f**k off and still make a living doing what he loves has found a formula a lot of people would envy.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know Allen, you might very well be right. SDH could be about the best gun builder the World has ever seen. But he sure does not score very high on communication or manners.

Just a few samples:

Quote:

...I now, on occasion, strongly voice my opinion when I see a design promugated on the obviously naive public in the name of progress.

I particularly liked the "obviously naive public" - kind of establishes clearly where SDH sees himself and the remainder of us - mere ants.

Quote:

... I have studied this subject beyond normal considerations and rarely spout opinions as fact as others so often do in this meduim.

In this bit, I particularly like the "rarely spout opinions as fact as others so often do in this meduim". If SDH does not like Internet forums why does he bother participate at all??

Quote:

...I don't use this website as a medium to promote my work nor advance my business and somehow find it offensive when other promote themselves or have stawmen doing it for them.

I already commented on this one in my last post, no further comment required.

Quote:

The medium of the internet has self proclaimed experts, self promoting individuals and many bullshiters or no nothings at equal disposition of those few that really know something about the current subject.
Wo was me for ever interjecting myself in the midst of all this wisdom.

Do I need to say anything else?? SDH obviously does not put himself into the category of "self promoting individuals and many bullshiters or no nothings", so I guess that must mean he sees himself as one of "those few that really know something about the current subject". Well he may be, or he may not - I have seen absolutely NO information from him to back up such a claim, but Allen was kind enough to stand up for SDH's ability. Regardless of his experience or other qualities, I suggest he considers how best to communicate in a public forum, and whether the means he chooses actually contribute anything valuable to the ISSUE at hand.

From the evidence SDH has delivered himself (in duplicate, actually), I would have to consider him a person with an extremely high opinion about himself, very low opinion about others, a person of very poor manners, much wanting in communication skills.
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to say... that I find what Steven has to say & how he expresses his opinion is somewhat refreshing.
When a man is best at what he does & is considered a true craftsman by his peers then I think it's worth listening to what he has to say.

I don't expect him or others that are knowledgeable in the art of gunsmithing or on what it takes to make a truly functional rifle to be senitive to other feelings.
All I want is to have them tell me the truth as they see it & keep on sharing their expertise.
I know I'm better off because of it.

I for one want to thank Steven, Allen & others on this forum for taking the time to share with us.

Thanks guys,

one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Besides that, what you type on an Internet forum doesn't exactly exist in the same way what you speak in casual conversation does. A fact that many people forget. The stuff you type here can be rather permanent.......it likely won't be dismissed as casual conversation or mere hearsay.

So true, and sometimes, so sad.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote