Find
Notify
Tools

new project on a Ruger SS MKII
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
I have convinced fellow forum member dpcd I need a bad weather ss gun. Being lefty and not seeing any LH M70s I wanted to lay out for I found a MKII in a laminate stock.

After some back and forth decided another 9.3x62 was just the ticket. Will be using a Doug No 3 ss barrel. Plan to put a low power scope on it and use an NNECG Ruger Peep Sight for backup. Will add a sling swivel on the barrel and a front sight and go into the rain and muck.

Maybe I can get him to put up some pics along the way. Should be fun and then can get back to the 275 Rigby he is making up for me.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I have a 1990's vintage SS/Laminate MKII in 7 Mag and as long as you're changing the barrel out it should work fine. Mine is the most particular gun that I have ever loaded for.

Because it's my only stainless, bad weather rifle, I keep it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
That's exactly right, Frank. New Douglas barrel which I can say after having a few now is a really nice, consistent product. They all seem to shoot better than I am capable of shooting.

Figured 9.3 as a nice efficient all-round gun for the NA adventures I find or will find myself in.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote