Notify
Tools

Re: commercial mauser.....Alex Imports
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted
Chic,
Thanks for that photo...that's the one!!!

Alex Imports is now based in California and yes they sell the bottom metal for $150

It's too bad I'm not getting better replys so I'll pass on this. Too bad...it'd take so little for them to have a winner here.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
do they have a web site? Would like to see their bottom metal. Some folks don't want to spring for Blackburn and this could be nice alternative

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll have to agree with TC1. Pretty rough. I was hoping to use one as a base for a custom rifle. I ordered a 270 from them and the safety wouldn't work and everything looked like it was machined a little off center. When I questioned Alex imports about this he told me I was kinda picky. I agreed and sent the rifle back for a refund. I bought a pair of VZ-24's for less than the origional cost and was VERY pleased with the high quality of machine work on the CZ's!
gunmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
vapodog,
Alex Imports were the folks who brought us the Legacy Mauser action. Mauser 98 clone, hinged floorplate, adjustable Timney knock off, 3 position safety (rough one) and a double square bridge that was shaped and dovetailed to a set of rings that had not been invented when it was sold. I don't know if they ever did get rings out that fit the dovetails. It was stamped Global Trading company Alexandria VA (maybe that is where the Alex Imports comes from). They also sold the bottom metal for a decent price if memory serves me.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote