Notify
Tools

22 Brno
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally got my 22 Brno to shoot very nicely
thanks to members here
My last problem is the failure to extract shells--not every time but enough to drive
a person crazy
Any ideas ???
Thanks Sydney

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clean the bolt.See how well the rim fits under the extractor. Then you changed barrel you may have a different headspace(the rim gives headspace).

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Nordic2 what guns are you allowed to have in Sweden ? and where do they have to be stored ?

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting rifles
shotguns
competition rifles
AR15 (semi auto) and similar only for competition.
Revolvers and semi autopistols for competition only.
Single shot 22 for badger shooting.

They have to be stored in a approved gun safe.

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Ok it seems I have the wrong Information about the European Union .
No hand guns
no semi auto
no pump guns, shot or rifle no lever guns
the locked in safe yes .
Thanks Frank [concho]

Don't take the chip !

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gun laws are not universal across the E.U., just as each country has its own laws on drugs, traffic, etc.

In general, the Scandinavian countries are a little less restrictive than some other countries due to their long history of hunting (which is very much alive today).

Most European countries restrict handgun ownership to those who belong to certified target shooting clubs. I'm unaware of any European country in which handguns are approved for hunting, but there may be some.

Some countries have fairly strict limits on magazine capacity. Sweden used to restrict shotguns to no more than two shots (as with the traditional double barreled guns), and I own a rare Swedish pump shotgun made entirely of stainless steel which was built with only a one-shot magazine to comply. My understanding is that the two-shot limit has been amended and shotguns with the typical three-shot capacity are acceptable.

A good friend who is native of Sweden tells me that you may possess no more than 6 guns licensed for hunting, but that you may have as many as 22 "points" worth of guns (long gun = 1 point, handgun = 3 points) in a normal steel gun safe. If you want more than that, you have to have a fairly elaborate safe with alarms tied to the local police. I visited a gun store in Sweden and all of the firearms must be stored in an approved vault when the store is not open for business.

Despite these regulations which seem very strict to Americans, Sweden, Norway, and Finland all have a fairly high number of guns in private ownership. They have about 30 guns in civil possession for each 100 population. Their firearms crime rate is not non-existent, but it is very, very low. On the other hand, Mexico has only half as many guns per person, about 15 guns per 100 people, and its firearms crime rate is five times that of the United States (where there are 87 guns per 100 population.)

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Thanks stonecreek !

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes only six hunting rifles or shotguns. Semiauto hunting rifles is only hunting origin model like Browning bar longtrack, Sauer 303, h&k2000 and similar(max 5shot magasine for hunting). Semiauto hunting shotgun is max 1+2shots now.

Then you can have competition rifles in the amount you can show a need. It means you must be a member of a shooting club and active in competitions. Its very hard to get a licence for ar15 and similar because you must first compete in what rifle class before they find you have a need for what kind of rifle.
For handguns you must be active in a shooting club and in competition.

We have about the same amount of gunowners as US according to the population. In my part of the country 25% of men and 5% of the women are hunters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its rather easy to get access to hunting ground in sweden and not as expensive as in central europe. Most hunting areas are managed by a local association of landowners/hunters (about 2000-8000ha).

Most of the illegal guns in sweden are from stolen guns in US or from military conflicts like balkan war.

One of Us
Picture of Concho42
posted Hide Post
Thank you for information from your country , I was under the impression from the net that all of European union was the same concerning guns . I live in PA USA and I have a carry permit for self preservation ! but going from Pa to MD will get you 30 days and a fine + loss of vehicle so I have been told ! Here say ! 3rd hand about vehicle .

Don't take the chip !

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No we have very different gun laws in europe. In some countries you dont need a licence for shotguns at all, in several countries you dont need a gunsafe. In france you cant have calibers of military origin in Ireland its difficult to have a rifle bigger than .30cal.
I sweden you can hunt with sound moderators in other countries its forbidden.

To be allowed carry a gun for selfdefence in sweden you must have a specific treat against you. You dont need a weapon for self defence here either.

In norway the police dont carry a gun in normal day of work.

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sweden you can hunt with sound moderators in other countries its forbidden.
Not in Finland.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No and they are allowed in Ireland,britain and norway. Danmark are on the path to allow them to.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sydney, spoke to a very good gunsmith today about your problem.
He said it is very common on late model Brno's, the chambers are too tight i.e. match grade.

Unfired hunting rounds can get stuck in the rifling and fail to extract.
Also, due to the higher pressures the fired cases get stuck in the chamber as well.
He fixes them by opening the chambers out to standard. It is not a problem with the extractors.
Not forgetting that yours has been re-barreled, it might just be that your chamber is match grade and doesn't like hunting ammo?
Cheers,
Metal.

Posts: 631 | Location: Australia | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Metal--I will check it out
Again thanks for the help
Sydney