New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMLE scope base
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have a top mount D&T style scope base for a #1 mk111 kicking around they want to sell? Millet made a beauty but no longer, nor even weaver anymore that I can see.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I may have a Weaver. I'll have to check and get back.
It takes 2 D&T holes in the recv'r ring and 1 in the top of the charger guide if I remember right.
I'll send it to you if I can find it.

update,,,Of course I cannot find it now. It's not even in the box marked L/E parts.
I will keep looking though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Back40 Weaver still makes the TO-1 mount for the SMLE rifle.Weaver part # is 48203. You need to drilland tap 3 holes for the #1MK3. You use tip-off rings with this base. The problem with the tip-off rings designed for 22 cal rifles is they do not have any recoil cross screw to prevent the rings from moving under recoil. This is easily fixed by setting your rings in place on the mount then set the scope in the bases to ensure the correct position between the front ring and the base. Then take the base off with the front ring still attached. Drill a hole from the bottom of the base up through the centre of the ring and tap it for a # 8 screw. Install a # 8 screw from the bottom of the base. Install base,rings and scope and your rings and scope will not move under recoil.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
update,,,Of course I cannot find it now. It's not even in the box marked L/E parts.
I will keep looking though.

Thankyou for the trouble, and for the info to both of you.