New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need new front sight blade for Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for suggestions for a supplier for a front sight (dovetailed blade only). It's for my commercial Oberndorf Mauser. Below is an image of the type of blade (bead) I'm looking for, although the dovetail dimensions would need to be for the standard Mauser.

-

I've looked some at Brownells, but didn't seem to find just what I needed, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Brian

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I measured the dovetail on the Mauser this morning, and the standard .375 dovetail found on many American rifles is much too large. This one requires something with a dovetail dimension of about .205".

Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Brian

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
<manhasset>
posted
Brian,
try new england custon gun, they have parts for the german mausers or they will order from Recknagel or other suppliers in Germany.
Bob

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Brownells has what you're looking for. http://www.brownells.com/index.html

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote