Find
Notify
Tools

Borsigwalde vs. Oberndorf Mausers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
I know that both were Mauser factories pre-war, how does the quality of the rifles coming out of the Borsigwalde factory compare to that coming out of the Oberndorf factory?

Mike

Posts: 21374 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, never heard of it but then again I'm certainly no Mauser history expert. Perhaps you can enlighten us further? Were any rifles marked that way, the way they were marked 'Oberndorf"?
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The Kar. 98k Mausers made at the Borsigwalde factory were stamped with the S/243G, S/243, 243 and ar codes on the receiver ring. To my knowledge all were marked Mod. 98 on the left rail. In contrast, the Oberndorf Mausers were marked S/42K, S/42G, S/42, 42, svw45, and byf on the receiver ring. To my knowledge, they were similarly marked Mod. 98 on the left rail.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Qualitywise you will not find any difference between Oberndorf and Borsigwalde produced (at least so marked) K98k.

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Sporterized:

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Mine is a 1939. Unfortunately mine also has some Russian armory markings since it was a capture rifle. Although the Nazi armory stamps were not ground off.

Mike