New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem factory plastic stock?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For kicks I'm painting the stock off a pawn shop find Rem 700 w/stone texture paint then bed etc... I know, you can't make a silk purse, yada yada...What I wonder is what works to fill the hollow butt? Is the spray in foam filler for for household work stiff enough? May add some lead shot for a bit more weight.

TIA

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Based on the numbers of "empty" tupperware stocks that show up at gunshows, it would appear that even a barrelled action won't stick to them for long, so good luck getting paint to. Big Grin

The spray foam insulation works to deaden the sound. How stiff does it have to be?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
used plastic primer after a 36 grit sand so we shall see. i agree they are the worst possible stock but i only paid $200 for the gun near new as a donor action.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote