Find
Notify
Tools

Carcano barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
.....not sure whether to put this here or sporter military.....I have a 1942 Carcano that I want to rebarrel. This one doesn't appear to have the threaded "connector" between the barrel and the action, my question is...did some of these have the barrel screwed straight into the action ??....it was made in Terni, has the FAT on top of the 27" barrel, calibre stamped on the left hand side.....and don't blame me, it was already sporterised when I got it....my intention is to fit a .264 barrel to it and re-cut it to 6.5x54MS

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drhall762:
I don't know about all of them but I have one that is threaded directly into the action. I know that the conversion done to 6.5x54 MS cut the original barrel off at some short distance in front of the receiver and then threaded that shank for the MS barrel. I believe most of them also had double set triggers added.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I would love to get hold of some double set triggers but I don't want to mortgage the house again Wink

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
Thanks, I would love to get hold of some double set triggers but I don't want to mortgage the house again Wink

Roger

Keep your eyes peeled on some of the forums more dedicated to military style arms of that era. They pop up now and again. I managed to score an original trigger guard for mine that had come off one of the MS rebarreled rifles. It has the double set triggers and I got it for under $100.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote