Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Transition Action, Pictures!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Prewar70
posted
I found this as a 7mm Mag in a pawnshop in Duluth. I paid (if I told you you would probably get mad at me so let's just skip that part). Rifle was a true beater, but the action was not! Jim Kobe did the bases for me and one day this will be a 375.

Posts: 895 | Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, you have to tell me how much it was. I am kicking myself-I have driven by tons of pawnshops in Duluth, yet have only gone in one. That one did have a nice FN '06 in it though.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
In my book nothing is sexier than the old cloverleaf tang in either a prewar or a transition beer

cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3077 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Prewar70 - Great looking action and great photo's; keep them coming.

Jim Kobe - Great looking scope bases!!!

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Good score, will make a super 375.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That old box of silvies is kind of nice too!!!!

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
That old box of silvies is kind of nice too!!!!

I have a few boxes of old ammo from that era that I ran thru a chronograph in .270 win.

In the 130 grainers they shot @2857 fps which is around 250 - 300 fps short in advertised velocity.

It could be age of the ammo or the fact sportsman did not have the ability to hold the companies of the age accountable for their publishings for such.

sorry Prewar hijack

cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3077 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote