New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brno rifle ID needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I saw this rifle in a local gun shop. It looks like a mauser but the safety is different. According to side markings it is made by Brno in 1948. The barrel is shot out and the stock is well used beat up. Can it be turned into a sporter? I want to rebarrel it and what is the size of receiver threads and scope mounts for the action? Thanks.

Posts: 77 | Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alf you amaze me with your ability to recognize and identify a rifle from a simple photo.
What a resource to have here.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
You should buy it and contact Kutenay. Look in the Classified section, he has a Brno 7x57 barrel for sale that will fit this rifle to the tee. Try to resist drilling and tapping the receiver.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
PLEASE don't drill and tap the receiver...

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not pursued the sale of the Brno barrels with anyone in the U.S.A. because TCI advises me that the B.A.T.F. has to control this situation and it is a major hassle to deal with. I will certainly sell to an American, but, I will not do so without all of the legal paperwork now required as I am not going to lose these barrels by confiscation and I don't want to see someone lose their money, either.

It's a pain in the butt, however, I don't see any way out of it.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Kutenay, the only gun part the BATF is concerned with is the receiver.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote