New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN Deluxe Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When were the 1948 version FN deluxe mausers discontinued in favor of the supreme. This is the version with a military floorplate and trigger and flag safety on the left side of the shroud and full C ring.

The supreme was made into the early 70's according to Ludwig Olson, but, he doesn't indicate how long the Deluxe was made.

Thanks, Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I believe 48 or 49 was when production ended and they shifted to the "H" ring. Although a friend has one of the commercial models, sans thumbcut, with a full "C" ring. Go figure.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
The Supreme was introduced in 1957. Production overlapped with the Deluxe which was discontinued in 1964. The Supreme was dropped in 1975. All had "H" rings after 1948.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
The Supreme was introduced in 1957. Production overlapped with the Deluxe which was discontinued in 1964. The Supreme was dropped in 1975. All had "H" rings after 1948.

Sorry, I was focused on the "C" ring vs "H" ring question not the model.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

Were there any H ring models with the military floorplate and trigger?

Rojelio

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
<slancey>
posted
I have 2 FN Mausers that have the H Ring and both had push-button floorplates, similar to the military style, and single stage triggers. They are in the 42,000-43,000 serial number range.
They are now full custom guns with Blackburn bottom metal and triggers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two with serials under 2000,and they both are H-ring actions. They also have the push button floorplate.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's another FN Deluxe action, but by SAKO and factory chambered for the 8x60mm, i.e., the 0.318 version. Push button magazine, safety flag, "H", 3xxx serial #, and a slightly fatter stock than the FN Mauser of the same vintage. I'd love to know the actual date of this rifle, just to date when someone in the post WWII era was still making a 0.318 bore 8mm!!

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Sako made those rifles from 1950-1957. I have no idea why they used the 0.318" bore for the 8x60. Probably utilized surplus prewar military barrels.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote