New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser swivel studs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is a question addressed to US Blaser owners.

What dimensions do your swivel studs have? Are they US spec, meaning 8mm wide with a 3.6mm opening?

I would like to modify my Blaser guns to this spec, so I can interchange guns slings with QD swivels between all my guns.
They are currently equipped with the Euro spec studs (6mm wide, 3mm opening).
The rear stocks don't really pose a problem. I can use standard US wood screw studs. The problem is the forend stud un my plastic R93. Here the stud needs to have an M5 female thread.
Also the barrel clamp-on part on my F3 shotgun doesn't seem to be a standard accessory.

I was just wondering how Blaser guns are equipped in the US and if it makes sense to ask Blaser for their US parts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
McFoxxie,

quote:
US Blaser owners

Hey Pal - Blaser uses the same ones on all of their stocks.

Mad

1. Remove both front & rear Blaser as-issued Sling Swivels (permanently affixed with a screw to the Studs) from both Wood & Synthetic stocks.

2. Walk quickly to the nearest refuse container & dispose.

NOW:

Synthetic stock - purchase a pair of Uncle Mike's Sling Swivel Studs - the pair with TWO metallic screws; they fit perfectly on the nut in the forearm & the plastic tube "Thingie" in the buttstock - Job done.

Wooden stock: purchase a pair of Uncle Mike's Sling Swivel Studs with wooden & metallic screws; front screw metallic thread; fits the forearm nut. Use the wooden screw for the rear - Job Done.

The European-sized slings are nice for double shotguns as the openings are narrower & thinner and the selection of quality leather slings to fit them here in The Fatherland is nice. I prefer the braided leather & have several in different shades that are now interchangable and fit all of my shotguns and match the wood (dark/light) for those days when I desire to be fashion concious.

Eeker

Since may of the studs on shotguns are soldered to the barrels I drill them out to fit the Uncle Mike's - Job Done.

Now having said that; I haven't seen any for a coupla years (but then again haven't concerned myself because my firearms are all equippped) Europeans made some Uncle Mikes type Sling Swivels that were made for the European sized-slings and had a small "stud" to fit the European-sized studs. Nice for shotguns.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry:

Wooden stock: purchase a pair of Uncle Mike's Sling Swivel Studs with wooden & metallic screws; front screw metallic thread; fits the forearm nut.

Mixed things up in my initial post. It's the walnut stock that's really posing the problem.

Your suggested solution won't work here - at least not on my blas(t)er :-) The stud IS the nut. Therefore I need a stud with a 5mm female thread.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
homer

or ..... IIRC did I simply leave the standard as-issue forearm stud on the R93 Attaché (wood) and drill the screw hole with a size (XXX?) to fit the Uncle Mike's sling swivels?

Dunno ..... it's been a while.

Cheers,

Number 10