Find
Notify
Tools

browning f.n.safari/action job
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
bought 68 f.n.in new unfired condition.
trigger is about 8 lbs. collector books say this is adjustible,however gunsmiths in my area have stopped doing trigger work for insurance reasons. how difficult is adjusting triggers. that are factory adjustible and what would i need to do. thanks gfg

Posts: 66 | Location: garner n.c. usa | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi GFG,

What caliber did you get?I collect Safaris and have a ton of them.

I belive it you pop the barreled action out of the stock,there should be an adjustment screw behind the trigger or just above it.

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the response brian got 30-06 this time. just started collecting them a year or so ago. have 2 375,s one short, one long. and a 458. i normally collect 06 or 375. they are my favorites. would like a few more
375,s with nice wood. and let me know of any
decent 06,s with nice wood your way at fair
prices. thanks gfg

Posts: 66 | Location: garner n.c. usa | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi GFG,
Nope,I don't know of any Safari Grade 30-06s with nice wood,most of the '06s I see are very plain.Don't have a Safari in either 270 or '06,but do have an Olympian Grade 270.

I've got Safaris in calibers ranging from 222 Remington on up to my favorite 458 Magnum.If you ever have any questions,feel free to shoot me an e-mail and I'll try to answer anything I can.

------------------
I'm out to wrong rights,depress the opressed,and generaly make an ass of myself!

Posts: 529 | Location: Humboldt County,CA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
brian, saw my first olympian at the december
gun show in raleigh back in jan. gentleman
from new york brought it down. he saw my interest and let me check it out, it is the most beautiful firearm i have ever seen. it,s a little, no alot out of my price range.
but someday i will own one or two of them.
great to meet you online. will stay in touch.
gary

one of us
posted Hide Post
GFG,
Actualy,I have two Olympians-the 270 and a 243.The 270 was used by it's previous owner to kill the grand slam of sheep.It's currently in the middle of being restored,since it is a salt wood rifle.The 243 on the other hand is unfired,and will knock your eye right out.The cougar on the floorplate looks like a photograph-perfect detail down to the individual whiskers.

------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
brian, took gun down and turned trigger back
was so easy it isn,t funny. turned in 1/4 increments and got it close to my other rifles, can,t wait to get it on the range next sunday, thanks for everything.am off to run my foxhounds, getting ready for competition at the end of month. happy easter to you and your family...

one of us
posted Hide Post
GFG,
Glad you got it turned down painlessly.Please let me know how it shoots.Have never ran into an inaccurate Safari Grade yet-all of mine will shoot at least sub-inch at 100 yards,exsept for my 458 which hovers around an inch since I can't hold it too steady from the bench.

------------------