Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can't loosen timney trigger screw
 Login/Join

posted
Timney trigger adjustable from 3 1/2 pounds down to 1 1/2 pounds.
The timney adjusting screw turns in to increase and out to decrease trigger tension. When you look directly at the screw, there is an outside small nut that goes to the trigger side frame.
Do you have to loosen that nut to turn the screw? I can't turn the screw. Maybe they put superglue on it? Timney instructions just say turn the screw . . . nothing about the nut.
Want to adjust downward. Anybody know the trick to turn the screw without breaking something?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Use a small ignition wrench or acresent type and looden the nut a very little bit THEN loosen the screw. Re-tighten the screw when you are done!

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
It is a lock nut to keep things from moving AFTER you adjust it. So as stated. Loosen, adjust and retighten. You might need to place your screwdriver in the screw slot as you tighten the nut so the screw doesn't turn.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you contact Timney they will send you the complete instruction sheet. http://www.timneytriggers.com/

They have always helped me out Big Grin

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bohica and Ramrod. Your instructions were perfect. Had to put a tiny bit of penetrating oil on the nut. Know how to do it now. Got it where I want it.
Thanks Rolland.