New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Forearm Screws for TC Encore
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I redrilled mine and taped to 10/32. Now I use standard cap screws on mine. I can get them in different lengths at the hardware store.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is the same diameter of a screw as say a 8-32 or 8-36, but the thread is finer. I don't know if that is what you were asking, and if it isn't, feel free to ask more. If you need to know a supplier, let me know.

Posts: 47 | Location: Hurricane, UT | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answer but thats not what I was asking.8x32 is UNC and 8x38 is UNF. SO if I buy a set of UNC & UNF taps & dies I will get those in the set(supposing the range of the set covers them). Both UNF & UNC are standard US thread series. But I cannot find a standard thread series that includes 8x40. so my Q is it part of a standard I cant find or is it a one off (special) adopted by the gun trade in US or something else?

one of us
posted Hide Post
8x40 and 6x48 are common on US firearms especially on scope mounts and such. I've not seen them used outside the gun industry but it's possible. I get mine from Brownells.

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try a Westlake Ace Hardware store.

Posts: 98 | Location: MO, USA | Registered: 22 March 2002Reply With Quote