New
Find
Notify
Tools

bolt lapping
 Login/Join

<mcdonald>
posted
Does any one have any suggestion on the proper way to lap a bolt on a accurmark and also some input on bedding the action. Many thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcdonald:
Does any one have any suggestion on the proper way to lap a bolt on a accurmark and also some input on bedding the action. Many thanks

Why would you want to lap the bolt on a accurmark ?

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<mcdonald>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by tsturm:
Why would you want to lap the bolt on a accurmark ?

I blued my lugs and found that 4 lugs showed and contact and also have a friend that ownes 2 accurmark, one of his had only 4 and the other had only 3 that were making contact, I'm woundering if anyone else is having this problem. I had my attention drawen to it from another site. Rocky

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a Weatherby that made contact on all bolt surfaces...Well kept secret by Roy....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"proper way to lap a bolt on a accurmark" ......is to leave it alone. You would increase the headspace if you did it correctly. As Ray said, it is normal for some of them to not make contact. If you ever need them all all to make contact they will, by setting back. : ) If you made them all contact 100%, and set the barrel back you would need to make sure you kept them lubed to prevent galling. It is so over engineered that you don't need all the lugs. All those lugs is more a marketing gimmick than anything else. Don't worry about this issue.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
<mcdonald>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by scot:
"proper way to lap a bolt on a accurmark" ......is to leave it alone. You would increase the headspace if you did it correctly. As Ray said, it is normal for some of them to not make contact. If you ever need them all all to make contact they will, by setting back. : ) If you made them all contact 100%, and set the barrel back you would need to make sure you kept them lubed to prevent galling. It is so over engineered that you don't need all the lugs. All those lugs is more a marketing gimmick than anything else. Don't worry about this issue.

Thanks fellers