Find
Notify
Tools

Install ejector on Krieghoff Big Five??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tomjac
posted
Anyone know if it's posible to install ejector on a Krieghoff Big Five??

Here is mine in 470NE

Posts: 191 | Location: Kolbjørnsvik, Norway | Registered: 21 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That's a beautuful rifle.

As for the ejectors, just about anything is possible (cost and effort are the determining factors), but if Krieghoff doesn't offer ejectors as an option, you would probably be invalidating the warranty by having them installed.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At a SHOT Show two or three years ago I posed exactly that question to one of the Krieghoffs, he said it would require a complete redesign of the double rifle action and they were not going to do it.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tomjac,
I'm actually developing ejectors to put into a customers 500/416 this year. He has been working with D. Krieghoff for a couple years on a project and been trying to sell them my ideas. Deiter and Norbert have both mentioned that they have been spending time on the developement of a system for their rifles but I'm guessing the demand has not been enough to make it a priority. My customer has tried to get them to buy my process, but they are not interested in spending any money yet. My customer is footing the bill for the R&D. I'm told that ejectors are frowned on by many on a double rifle as the distinct pinging of ejected cases will pinpoint your position to your intended prey. Now I have never hunted, nor do I expect I will ever hunt dangerous game in Africa but...it would seem to me that if I just lit up both of my best shots and they did not bring down my intended prey (in fact they pissed him off ) I'm thinking he already has me pinpointed by the robust reports from my failed attempts at killing him ??? I would prefer two fresh rounds be placed in the chambers at a rapid rate. Having never had the experience I can only speculate. Maybe someday a customer will decide he should have a 'smith' in camp just in case Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, at one point one of the German postwar makers, perhaps Heym, I don't recall, made their rifles with a switch in the forend to turn the ejectors off when you did not want the empties tossed out. Apparently this gave problems and I think it is no longer offered.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vigillinus:
Jim, at one point one of the German postwar makers, perhaps Heym, I don't recall, made their rifles with a switch in the forend to turn the ejectors off when you did not want the empties tossed out. Apparently this gave problems and I think it is no longer offered.

Several offered / still offer that option (especially on the higher end guns), but you are correct in that Heym currently offers the selector for their double rifles.

FYI - Ziegenhahn quoted me 200 euro for that option on a shotgun.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947