New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who to surface grind a Mex Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any of you folks had a Mauser action surface ground lately? Any tips on who would be a good bet to send a Mex Mauser action to, and have the hump removed, and action ground?

Thanks,

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TC1 (Terry) has had a couple of Mexican actions done. If he doesn't respond here pm him and ask him.

Otherwise, Jim Dubell does superb surface grinding work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike McCabe mccabeguns@yahoo.com

Posts: 130 | Location: Floresville,TX. | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
You might consider leaving the hump. I like to keep the charger hump unless the rifle will be a square bridge, as it is a reminder of and a link to the pedigree of the action.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3844 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
You might consider leaving the hump. I like to keep the charger hump unless the rifle will be a square bridge, as it is a reminder of and a link to the pedigree of the action.

+1 Big Grin

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I have a surface grinder set up just for doing that.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:

I haven't ruled that out completely....half way considering leaving this unmolested action unmolested, and perhaps make a bolt peep, and have an old school iron sighted 7x57.

Also, thanks all, for the suggestions.

Jeff