Find
Notify
Tools

New Website
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WaffenfabrikHein
posted
We just finished a major upgrade to our website. If you have a chance take a look and let us know what you think.

http://www.rifleactions.com

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
The site is as beautiful as your rifles are.

Fantastic! thumb

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl, very nice web site. Could you give some particulars about the rifle shown on your home page?

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sako
posted Hide Post
I must say this is one of the best site ive seen!
Congrats!

Btw just sent you an email regarding (hopefully) my action! Smiler

Posts: 290 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great site and congratulations. Would love to know more about your Mauser project.

Best,

Bill

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Looks great! thumb

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Very nice, especially the single shot.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the major differences between that Webley and Scott action and say a Ruger Number 1 action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sendero:
Karl, very nice web site. Could you give some particulars about the rifle shown on your home page?

The rifle on our home page was built as a donation to the NRA and sold in auction last year in Houston. We built it in the style of an African Express Rifle, but in reality it is a 250-3000. Many folks asked us why build a 250-3000 in that style, and our only answer is 'because we can'. The rifle holds 6 rounds in the magazine with the drop box. The picture on the rifle page of the stock getting built was that rifle. It has a Leupold VXII 2.5 x 8, with custom balistically matched reticle. The chechering was done by Gary Goudy, but all the rest was done here.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,
Great web site. I love the look of the skeleton butt plate checkering. Did Gary do that? It looks like some of his incredible work.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Chic, you are correct. Gary did that for us. With having a resource like that so close to us, it is difficult to imagine going any other way.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic,
By the way, when are you going to find time to come pay us a visit?

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Karl your site is awesome! Excellent ( Eye candy ) photos. Love the photos of the stock work. thumb

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
If only I could afford one of those single shots, big sigh.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karl,
I need to find some time to visit you and your shop. I have a consulting engineering firm now and hardly have anytime to myself. Having a lot of fun at the same time.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Karl, I love the new website! A lot more information than the old one. I want one of those actions even more now!

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Karl,

Will you have any of you rifles displayed at the SCI Convention (Reno or Dallas)?

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Karl is in Idaho deer hunting this week. We did not get in to the SCI convention this year, but we may still be trying to get in the Dallas SCI show.

We will be at the RMEF convention in Reno,the FNAWS convention also in Reno and the NRA show in Milwaukie.

We hope to post are schedule on the website.

Gregory A. Hein
www.rifleactions.com

Posts: 20 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To the lads at WFH,
can you tell me, is that 250/3000 built on your N1 or N2 reciever?
If it is on your N1, have you modified the box over and above the std 2.5"? Because the 2.5" box seems alittle short to me(but I am no 250Sav. expert). the reason I say this is that if the 260R loads at 2.8" on a 2.0" case,the 250Sav case being 1.9" I thought one would need more than a 2.5 box especially if loading a 115tsx or 120gn pill.
If we can modify an original P64 to accept the 300H&H @ 3.60" what is the longest loaded length we can modify your N1 reciever to accept?
Nice work Lads thumb
I am considering one of your recievers with integral scope ring base blocks to accept conetrol rings.

posted Hide Post
Woodjack,

The number one could be opened up a little more but not much.I think about .100". It is not so much an issue of weakening the action as it is having a long enough feed ramp to feed smoothly.

If you wanted to long seat bullets I would go to a #2 size reciever.

I am not in the shop at the moment so I cannot measure anything to be certain.

Gregory A. Hein
www.rifleactions.com

Posts: 20 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
so how many sizes are you making in the webley action?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

posted Hide Post
We are offering four sizes at this time. Roughly anything from .22 Hornet to .700 Nitro.

Gregory A. Hein
www.rifleactions.com