New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway Grade F to an A -
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wanted to recieve some feedback about Midway. I like to do business with private small business here in town but unfortunatley BIG BUSINESS won't allow that and my mom & pop stores are suffering inventory wise. So I had to bite the bullet and go thru Midway. I ordered a Weaver scope and rings, got them Friday. Box was 2 foot x 3 foot ( Little big, eh ? ). The scope was left to rattle around in the box, zero packing, bubble wrap, popcorn etc. Weaver box was trashed. Box had a hole. On the bottom of the box only one side was barely taped. Rings fell out of the box and were missing I assume. No invoice. S&H tag was torn off except for COD amount which is the only way I recognized it at work here. Called with a shitty attitude yet polite thumb. Re shipped it overnight and dropped COD & shipping charges. Wanted the scope for this weekend so a little disapointed but very pleased with the customer service to make it right again. Hope they find the dumbass who packed it and send him to McDonalds so he can screw up my drive thru order Mad

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive been useing midway alot recently (3 scopes too)and packageing has been good with plenty of padding. No complaints here. I use credit card and regular ground shipping.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have no complaints, I've been doing business with them for yrs.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Never had any trouble with them except one time I ordered a scope and didn't like it. I sent it back and they charged a 20% restocking fee. I called and spoke with the owner of Midwayusa and voiced how wrong I thought the policy was and he credited my account the 20%. It's my understanding they don't do this anymore.

MidwayUSA and Brownells get the majority of my mail order buisness. The hardware store use to carry reloading supplies and used rifles. It was a great place to hangout on Saterday's, listen to some lies and learn a little too Wink. But, those days are gone forever.

They get an A from me.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope they find the dumbass who packed it and send him to McDonalds so he can screw up my drive thru order Mad

I have been doing business with Midway for many years and have never received a package which had been packed like that by them.

Of course, I do not know for a fact what happened, but I would suspect that your package was broken (or broken into) by the carrier's employees. The description of how you received it matches what I have observed in occasional packages where the packet was damaged during shipping, then "thrown" back together and delivered anyway...with packing, goods, invoice, et. al., destroyed or lost. (I have had that happen when goods were shipped via both UPS &/or USPS.)

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
i have recieved several badly damaged pks from different vendors. The only thing in comon-UPS.
I know a dealer who has had 2 high $ shotguns show up with splintered stocks. I smell labor problems but can be wrong.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
I always use Midway.Needed two Chrony's to send over to a friend in R.S.A.no packing problems and had them sooner than promised

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm like Gringo . I 've been buying form them since the "80's and can't remember a problem. They pissed me off once about something but it was a phone attitufe and nothing else. Never had anything to keep me from doing business. I just bought a scope and a Winchester trigger guard from them.
My complaint about packing is usually I have to find a place to dump all the peanuts.
I really LIKE to do business with Brownells and Midway is OK.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing.

Posts: 1275 | Location: Fla | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a problem with the shipper.

I've bought a lot from them and never had a packing problem. Well, I don't like all the styrofoam peanuts they use.

DT

Posts: 196 | Location: NC | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some electronic muffs from Midway, and they went on sale the next day, I found out b/c they sent me an email to that effect.... Red Face

so, on a Sunday, I sent them a polite but smart-alecky response asking why they were tormenting me and within 30 minutes I had an apology and a credit for the difference.

Midway did me 100% right that time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just last week I mailed a 1903 bolt to Dago Red and somewhere between Sylmar, Ca...and Fresno, Ca...someone at UPS opened the padded envelope and removed the bolt. The stupid thing is that they delivered the empty envelope to him!

It wasn’t damaged, wasn’t torn open, wasn’t busted open...it was just EMPTY.

UPS is reimbursing me for the value (which wasn’t all that much) without any arguments since it was quite obviously stolen by one of the employees in either Sylmar or Fresno.

In case anyone missed it, there was a story a couple months ago on the news about a UPS driver that had stolen over a million dollars worth of his deliveries and got caught selling the stuff on E-Bay.

I’m about ready to go back to Fed-Ex for all my firearms shipments.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i buy 4 or 5 times a year from them.. their packaging is always 1st class but midsouth has much better prices..

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I call up my prior order list from Midway it always surprises me, but you can really track the price/shipping cost increases that way. Now that Cabela's has opened a store 30 miles from me, they'll get most of my business, as I have to drive right past it on the way to visit the grandbaby. Sales tax is less than shipping, prices are same as their catalog, and if I order from the catalog, now have to pay shipping and sales tax.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been ordering a lot of reloading and shooting stuff from Midway for several years and have only had one problem. I had a bunch of components and other things ordered and, by my choice, had it shipped USPS. The box was a little heavy and I think the postal empoyees gave it the gorilla treatment. The box arrived torn and missing a about six hundred bullets but everything else was there. I called Midway and told them about it and they shipped more bullets free without any shipping charge. From now on if I order very much and it is going to be a heavy package I have it sent UPS. I will continue to use Midway, although Cabela's has lowered prices on their reloading components and may be using them more also.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbrook
posted Hide Post
I have also been ordering for years and just this past week received my first poorly packaged delivery. The UPS label was about the only thing holding the top of the package together. The tape had broken on one end and was about ready to give way on the other. You could say that it was handled roughly, but there was only one rather narrow tape accross the top holding the box together to begin with and it was a heavy box full of ammo. I think this is a rare exception because they have always been great to me in the past.

Posts: 524 | Location: SE MIchigan | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just last week I mailed a 1903 bolt to Dago Red and somewhere between Sylmar, Ca...and Fresno, Ca...someone at UPS opened the padded envelope and removed the bolt.

Can't help but wonder why you would use a padded envelope, they aren't that strong, boxes are always better. JMO. I buy alot from Midway and never had a problem with themat all. The only issue I have is when you post a review of a product you have purchased they tend to edit out anything "they" don't agree with.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Midway has always been good to me thumb

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Midway has always been good to me thumb

Me too.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway has always been good to me also. Whenever possible I try to get items shipped USPS because UPS SUCKS!

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that I am in good company. I use Midway quite a bit anymore, especially for gunsmithing items. They have been getting a lot of what was my Brownells orders.

Posts: 10173 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been very happy with Midway and they definitely get the bulk of my shooting and reloading needs.

Their website is very easy to navigate. Shipping to the Chicago area is very quick and so far I have not noticed excessive shipping charges although I wait until I have a sizeable order.

RCG

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
I wonder if UPS is having labor troubles?
We had some expensive membranes shipped from Winconsin, and EVERY one that was shipped by UPS was broken by the time it got here.

For what it is worth. I like Midway, and they get a lot of my reloading business. There isn't a wide varity of shops that have stuff beyond powder and primers here, so I have to order brass and bullets.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We had some expensive membranes shipped from Winconsin

Dr. Frakenstien I presume ? Smiler

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have always had good luck with Midway. Best deal is that we are both in Missouri. If I internet order prior to 2pm I can pay the cheapest shipping and it still gets to me by the next day. Never fails. Overnight delivery for the standard rate. He He.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote