Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel re-boring preferences
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
I'm considering having a barrel rebored in the US and I'm after info on who's the best, most economical and anything else relative to the job. What I'm thinking of doing is getting an M96 military barrel in 6.5 Swede and having it bored to 9.3, I believe there's enough meat in it and I want to keep the original steps in the barrel.

Roger

Posts: 1041 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used JES twice reboring a barrel to 35 Whelen. Both times the accuracy was improved over the original caliber.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Posts: 697 | Location: Dublin, Georgia | Registered: 19 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I also used them once; did a great job; however I only rebore when I want to preserve some unique feature like an octagon.
For what you want, I would get a new barrel.
Actually, I have what you want for sale, a Swede in 9.3x57, Husqvarna barrel. Sporter stock.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
JES seems to be the go .....for the purposes of enquiry, does anyone know if they have an Email address?

Roger

Posts: 1041 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent....

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 961 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote